Who we are
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help with spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to save your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience, so you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. This cookie contains no personal data and gets discarded when you close your browser.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and indicates the post ID of the article you edited. It expires after 1 day.
CCPA Privacy Rights ( Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), you have the following rights regarding your personal information:
- Right to Know: You can request information about the categories and specific personal information we collected about you.
- Right to Delete: You can request the deletion of the personal information we have collected and retained.
- Right to Opt-Out: You can opt out of selling your personal information. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA privacy rights, including denying services, charging different prices, or providing a lesser quality of services.
To exercise these rights, please visit email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we may need to verify your identity before processing your requests. You can designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf by providing written authorization.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), individuals have the following data protection rights:
- The Right to Access: You have the right to request access to your personal data that we hold. We must provide you with a copy of your data and information about processing it.
- The Right to Rectification: You can request the correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data we hold about you.
- The Right to Erasure (Right to be Forgotten): You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data under certain circumstances, such as when the data is no longer necessary or if you withdraw your consent.
- The Right to Restrict Processing: You can request the limitation of processing your personal data in specific situations. We will only store your data and cease processing as requested.
- The Right to Data Portability: You can receive the personal data you provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit this data to another data controller.
- The Right to Object: You can object to processing your personal data for specific purposes, such as direct marketing or profiling. We must cease processing your data for these purposes upon your objection.
- Rights in Relation to Automated Decision-Making and Profiling: You have the right not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which significantly affects you unless there is a lawful basis for such processing.
- The Right to Withdraw Consent: If we rely on your consent for processing your data, you can withdraw that consent at any time. This withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of processing before consent was withdrawn.
- The Right to Lodge a Complaint: If you believe someone violated your data protection rights, you can file a complaint with a supervisory authority or our Data Protection Officer.
- The Right to Object to Direct Marketing: You can object to receiving direct marketing communications from us, including emails. We must comply with your objection.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves like the visitor has visited another website.
Who do we share your data with?
We will include your IP address in the reset email if you request a password reset.
How long will we retain your data?
We retain the comment and its metadata indefinitely if you leave a comment. This is so we can automatically recognize and approve any follow-up comments instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users who register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights do you have over your data?
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we must keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where is your data sent?
An automated spam detection service may check visitors’ comments.